Thursday 10 May 2018

Ireland Road Trip

Ireland Road Trip May 2018

Harleydogson
Harleydogsonireland profile photo

Woof woof to all my friends 
                     Following on from my previous blog I’m now one handsome two year old cavachon ( with his tackle removed thanks to Pam and Pete )

Anyway Pam and Pete have asked me to join them on their next adventure to Northern Ireland as long as I can pack light, no mention of my weight so packing list sorted and I’ve got the thumbs up.



I don’t know what their list is like but it looks like the bike will be fully loaded! It looks like Pete is expecting rain and I’m not sure if I’ll be able breath or see where I’m going under that tent


We start the Harley Dogson Ireland adventure on Friday 4th May 2018 and will keep you posted 
Woof woof for now

Harley Dogson


Harleydogson
Day 1
Friday 04/05/2018
Well! A fine start to my adventure on entering the ferry I got bundled into a crate while them two enjoyed club class on the top deck with complimentary snacks and drink, (Pam did sneak me a nice piece of honey roast ham). It was then a long but dry ride to the Salty Dog Hotel in Bangor Northern Ireland where Pete had arranged for a doggie goodie bag which made up for earlier this morning.

What have I done to deserve this

Pam’s 1st wee stop





Check out the goodie bag


Day 2 harleydogsonireland 
Saturday 05/05/18
Had a good nights sleep followed by some of Petes breakfast before heading to Belfast for some sight seeing. It was then onto our base camp at Portrush, I even had time to chill out on the beach.
Petes got eyes bigger than his belly
The Big Fish at Belfast

Brew stop outside the Titanic Experience 

Looks like it’s going to be a good holiday


Day 3 Harleydogson
Sunday 06/05/18
Not much to report today as it had forecast a warm one, and told Pam and Pete to give Bertha a rest and suggested we go for a nice doggie walk to the town and around the harbour before lunch. Then it was an afternoon of sunbathing to soak up some vitamin C ( I would have preferred soaking up some calories instead) 



Hmm I wonder what’s for tea

Day 4 Harleydogson 
Monday 07/05/18
Woke up nice and refreshed this morning and after breakfast we rode to Downhill house which was built by the Earl Bishop in the 1700s but sadly fell into disrepair in the 1920s, however Mussenden Temple which he built in memory of his wife still remains along with a few other monuments ( that’s your history lesson for today). We then headed for Magilligan to catch Foyles ferries to take us back to the Irish republic for a lunch break at Moville benches then onto the harbour for another swimming lesson before heading back to base camp.

Me and Pam in what’s left of Downhill House.


Mussenden Temple in the background 

I’d sooner be on the beach that’s looking around this relic


This is more like it and not a dog kennel in sight

I keep telling Pete I can swim but he won’t have it

Day 5  Harleydogson
Tuesday 08/05/18
Whilst most of you were basking in the sunshine all three of us were getting a good drenching on the bike ( hey ho ). On Petes bucket list  is the giants causeway so that was our 1st stop. Fortunately the rain did ease off and the sun made an appearance for the rest of the afternoon which cheered us all up. 
Now here’s  your Geology lesson for today. The giants causeway comprises of over 40,000 interlocking Basalt columns created by a ancient volcanic fissure eruption 50 to 60 million years ago. After a good mooch round we then rode on to visit the rope bridge at Carrick-A-Rede, I was gutted that I wasn’t allowed on the bridge so it was just Pete who did the ( I’m a celebrity get me out of here ) whilst me and Pam sat back and watched him make a fool of himself. .
We thought this was just a tourist attraction but apparently for over 350 years fishermen strung a single rope 30m over the sea to allow them access to catch the migrating salmon. All this and I even had time for ball games back at the beach.


Blooming Pete and his bucket list


O’h  that grass is salty


Pete is it dinner time yet 







I’m glad I’m not allowed on that

Fisherman’s house

Day 6 Harleydogson
Wednesday 09/05/18
A cold and windy start to the day, went to Portstewart for a mooch round the shops and harbour but the rain soon set in which makes my fur coat smell like a wet dog ( how true that is ). It was then dinner under a shelter before heading back to the apartment for a blow dry and a spray of Petes deodorant and I now smell like a right woolly woofter.
It did dry up later in the afternoon so had a walk through the town where Pete was fascinated by some paving at the town square.


I can put up with the cold and wind but the rain isn’t for me


I was more fascinated that my feet don’t touch the floor

Day 7 Harleydogson
Thursday 10/05/18
The forecast for the weather was good today and wet tomorrow so Pete had us all up early so we could cram two days sightseeing into one. All started well until the 1st stop at Dunluce castle to find out dogs weren’t allowed, so it was a quick photo shoot before heading on. Pete’s itinerary was to travel the causeway coastal route to Torr Head which has a lot of twisty bends, then onto the seaside villages Portballintae, Ballycastle, Cushendun, Cushendall, Glenariffe, And finally finishing at a lovey little harbour at Carnlough. Finally heading back the fast way to the apartment. All this and plenty of  photo stops on route. I forgot to mentioned during our trip I have had crowds gathering around me and Bertha all wanting a photo.


Dunluce Castle didn’t look up to much anyway


I’m so cool



Coast guard  station on top of Torr Hill


Peter climbed up onto roof and shoved me on the chimney for this shot


I’m getting famous on this trip
Dinner stop at fisherman’s cottages Cushendun




Last stop at Carnlough



Pam can I miss tea  tonight and just go to bed I’m woofed out.

Day 8 Harleydogson
Friday 11/05/18
Well the forecast was right it’s terrible here, Pete had tried to bring the ferry back to Holyhead a day early as he had selected the flexible option for the return journey, but unfortunately due to the bad weather the Dublin swift ferry had to be cancelled. He could have gone for the cruise ferry but that would have meant me being locked up in that kennel for 4hrs, so I had to put my paw down and bark a definite no. This left me know alternative but to sit at the window most of the day watching poor old Bertha getting very wet.


 Pete I hope she will start tomorrow as Pam said I’ve no more food left

Day 9 Harleydogson
Saturday 12/05/18
We had a nice dry ride back to Dublin to catch our ferry. In a way I’m glad we didn’t go back yesterday as we would have been liked drowned rats by the time we got to Dublin. It was also nice to have dinner in the sunshine but forgot that the holiday would end how it started.

Pete did you tell Pam to make it extra large on the chips


O’h no I’d forgotten about this

Day 10 Harleydogson
Sunday 13/05/18
Well my adventure is all over as we have now arrived home with just under a 1000miles under Bertha’s belt. I’ve had a great time and hope you have enjoyed my blog 

Woof woof for now

Harleydogson.


I can’t wait to have a piddle on Pete’s lawn


I can now catch up on some much needed sleep


If you’re using a phone to view my blog and would like to add a comment then please click on “view web version” just under the home screen 


3 comments:

  1. that is bad luck with the weather.i managed a walk this morning.buy
    t it is not very warm

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to see a photo of all 3 of you ❤️ Sorry the weather had been a bit pants for you x

    ReplyDelete

If your using your phone to view this blog and would like to add a comment you will need to click on view web version just under to home button